The Dana Medical Library is supporting a local discussion program by providing access to the readings in print and on reserve. This program entitled Doctors, Patients and the Public Trust: Conversations in Literature and Medicine is presented by the Vermont Humanities Council and the Vermont Board of Medical Practice.
A six-part discussion program, it focuses on the following topics and issues:
- Doctors: are they devils or deities? Or are they just human?
- What problems do physicians face in today’s world?
- How do physicians cope with those problems?
- What effects do such problems have on our medical and social systems?
- How can the problems best be dealt with?
The first program is on Wednesday, September 17, 2008, from 5:30 to 7:00 pm at the Fletcher Free Library Community Room, 235 College St. (at So. Winooski Ave.) in Burlington. The public is encouraged to attend.
If you would like to participate in this program, readings can be found at the Dana Medical Library. Inquire at the Circulation Desk. For further information about the program itself, call 802-657-4220.