A new version of EndNote TM citation management tool is now available for download by the UVM community. Before you’ve even had a chance to learn EndNote X3, X4 arrived just in time for the new school year. UVM community members may get the new version at www.uvm.edu/software.
Dana Librarian Angie Chapple-Sokol MLS, has scheduled regular office hours for EndNote help on Tuesdays from 11 am – 12 noon. For best results call or email ahead to reserve the time firstname.lastname@example.org, 656-9396. Drop-ins are also welcome.
The new X4 version is compatible with Windows 2010, the newest Windows operating system. Useful features of both X3 and X4 versions include:
• Fast startup—EndNote installs the 100 most popular styles to make Cite While You Write faster. You can easily select additional styles as needed.
• Import PDF files or a folder of PDFs directly to your library. Basic bibliographic data is extracted from most PDFs and you can even search the contents.
• Wildcards (*) expand searching within your personal library and in PubMed.
• Hyperlink between in-text citations and the bibliography in EndNote and Microsoft Word.
• Meets the complete APA 6th style requirements and offers customizable short forms for footnote styles.
Classes on using EndNote are scheduled at Dana Library (Main Conference Room) on these three Wednesdays at noon:
- September 8 – Noon-1pm
- November 10 – Noon-1pm
- December 1 – Noon-1pm
Bring your EndNote questions to the Dana Library for individual assistance during Angie’s EndNote office hours or come to a class. She’ll provide instruction, solve a citation problem, and help you get your library of documents under control. Check out the revised EndNote LibGuide.